Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Walking on Concrete

Last night I up and decided to take a neighborhood walk with my new hybrids (trail+running on pavement shoes). Because I have bad history with concrete I walked only 3 blocks worth and felt OK. This morning I felt the dreaded twinge-ing in my lower back that signals trouble. I took 800 mg ibuprofen and went on to work.

While I felt sharp twinges off and on throughout the day it was certainly not unbearable, nor did it worsen. This evening I decided to try my new herbal tincture that is touted as an anti-spasmotic. Hmmm, after about an hour I didn't feel any pains. I played some baseball, cautiously, with Eddie, took care of the turtles... felt OK.

At 9pm I suddenly felt like living dangerously and took Eddie on another concrete walk. This time about the equivalent of 5 blocks, faster than last night and concentrating on short strides. I feel great, and because we're getting ready to have some Gustav rains it was almost cool and blustery. I loved it, and my new shoes, the Asics, are AMAZING!

Instructions on the tincture say I can take some more dropperfuls, so I'll do that and go to bed. And I think I'll take it to work tomorrow - just in case. Gaaahg! I hope it doesn't make me shat, but if it does, that's just more steps on my pedometer as I run to the bathroom! My count for today is 6455. Dang, that makes me feel lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment