Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Beat My Virtual Partner

Last night I used my new Garmin to take the same 1.05 mile route I established on... Sunday, maybe? These last few days have run together and I've forgotten to mention some noteworthy things on the blog.

Anyway, I set my Garmin to do the same course and I walked with my virtual partner. Eddie and I were ahead the entire route, and ended up beating her by 271 feet. I didn't feel like we kept up any racey kind of pace, just normal walking. Uhh, as I recall I do believe I stopped under just about every streetlight on the night I set the course. I had to! I wanted to see what was going on with the Garmin! It has a backlight, which I used a few times last night, but I don't want to use up the battery sooner than need be. Last night I didn't spend so much time under the lights, and that probably explains why I beat it. Unfortunately I'm very competitive, so I will keep trying to beat my new times.

It's been drizzly all afternoon and evening, and even now, so I don't want to go out. Yes, I'm a big cheap baby. But not too cheap, because I did go to the fitness center and did upper body weights and 25 minutes of elliptical. The WHOLE time I was on the ellip I was thinking about how much fun and almost effortless TM seems compared to the fitness center. And because I stay out there hiking for at least 1 1/2 hrs usually, even better for me.

I'm hoping to walk the hood tomorrow night, maybe even 2 laps!

No comments:

Post a Comment