Sunday, September 21, 2008

Phooey on the Garmin

Long story short: after charging the Garmin I got one 19-minute walk out of it, and on the next walk the battery was low and it quit.

Full story: On 9-15 I took a TM hike and the Garmin ran out of juice about 3 minutes into it. I hooked it up to charge, then looked through the book to see how long to charge it. When I opened the box the book said to charge for 3 hrs for the initial charge. Does that mean I charge it 3 hrs each time? No where did it specify, so I charged it for 3 hrs.

Tonight I decided to take the heinous hill hood route, and the Garmin went out about 1/2 way through. Now I'm thinking that the Garmin was shipped already charged, and through sitting on a shelf it lost a bit. That's why the book said the initial charge should be 3 hrs. Maybe a full charge should be longer. So tonight I'll charge it overnight. The book doesn't say, but that's what I'm doing.

All weekend I've felt tired and blah-y. Don't know why. I intentionally have laid off the walking/hiking/elliptical because of the achilles soreness on my right foot. I read that once you have a definite achilles problem you're likely to always have it. I'll attribute it to my Garmin, which was causing me to walk faster and faster. I'm competitive that way. So now I laid off and tonight I took the walk leisurely. No soreness.

On a funny (sad) note, I decided I'd wear my well-worn MBTs tonight. I haven't worn them since I got my new shoes from Rachael. I put my left on and stood on it and took a few steps. There was just too much turning in of my ankle (over pronation) to my liking, so I changed into my Asics. It's amazing, but my foot does not pronate as much with it. Yes, I know, that's the WHOLE idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment