Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hood Loop Again

It's been rainy now for a couple of days, and thanks to Ike it will rain for 3 more. I'm glad that's all we'll see of him. This evening it wasn't quite precipitating, but the atmosphere is so heavy with moisture I had rivulets running across my skin. If there could be one huge, dense cobby web heavy with dew, I was walking through it - nothing actually coming down yet I was colliding with water drops.

My intention was to take the 1.05 loop twice. I was going to try tapping the lap button on first return to my porch then heading out again. I don't know how that will work while racing myself. I was hoofing it (for me) and beating my 2nd time by 100ft at the .64 mark, but my lower back was getting tight (and I had taken a couple of preventive ibuprofen - just not early enough) so I relaxed my pace slightly. I stopped after one loop and beat my 1st time, but I didn't even notice if/how much I beat my 2nd time. I was scrolling through the different pages and trying to figure out new stuff that I forgot about that until just now. Since it's all turned off and put away I'll just be content to know that I sweated, stiffened, fogged my glasses and felt good.

I'm having thoughts of beginning to *jog* here and there. I've done it on TM a few times and really enjoyed it. I'm not ready to yet, but I'm thinking I may end up building to that. Maybe that will start to develop when we get back from our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment