Saturday, September 13, 2008

Raining All Day

The rain continued today, sometimes pretty forceful. I went to the Fitness Center and did lower body weights, then 10 min on the tread climber and 10 on the elliptical. I had planned on doing 30 min of combined cardio. Well, phooey!

Afterwards I went to my newly-discovered shoe/sock store to get a pair of those fabulous socks for my girl cousins, and you know what? I am obviously too stupid to live. I bought 7 pair, 3 of them black (only one pair was for a man.) When I told A that I was going to mail a pair to everyone she said nobody would want black, not even the man, and black would be stupid and wrong. Those weren't her exact words, but she clearly conveyed her contempt. Sigh. Tomorrow I'll take the black ones back and exchange for white.

And I guess that makes me stupid because I have 2 pair of the black ones and I love them! But then, I had to stop wearing my Doc Marten sandals a few years ago because I found out I wasn't supposed to wear them with white socks. Or any socks. I happen to like wearing socks with my sandals. Whoever makes up all these fashion rules needs to retire. And leave the country. And never speak or write again.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha-- black socks, and socks with sandals, two things I love and do all the time. Forget about those stupid stupid so-called rules. Live a little.

    I love the socks you sent, and I immediately got on their website to search locations nearby. Sadly only two stores and not convenient. So now I'm going to order some online -- BLACK ones!

    ReplyDelete