Monday, October 18, 2010

No Need for a Camera on a Hot Day, Unless...

It's my last day of vacation, and as I lay in bed last night I mentally hiked the full yellow loop with Eddie. So we set out with no camera, went up the craggy way to the top to take the ridge trail to the end and loop around on a lower trail. I didn't plan on it being so hot, and once again I forgot my sweat rag. We ended up turning into the mountaintop and moseying around, eventually finding ourselves at the yoshi pond. We sat on the snacking rock, I had my 1/2 sandwich, Ed had a bowl of water, and we saw 3 folks go by on the other side of the pond.


The only critter things we saw were loads of grasshoppers, so I was glad I didn't have my camera dangling. We took the blue back down, and cut to the parking lot through the back way, thus avoiding the trailhead area. But we didn't avoid everything! Me without my camera, and we apparently interrupted a couple of BBs. They obviously heard us coming first (at least I wasn't singing) and we came upon them, rather suddenly, standing several yards apart and acting all casual. Ha! And another Ha! to the do-gooders who think they are making the area nicer.


I read a post recently on the TM site asking for suggestions on how to handle the crowded paths and keep peace among the bikers, horsers, hikers, and no one said it, but screaming kids with screaming parents. Did you not see this coming, folks? As for me and my dog, we prefer the BBs.


Total hike was 1 hr, 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment