Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ed Gets to Hike

When Eddie realized he was going hiking he turned into a lunatic. I finally had to harness him into the back while we finished getting ready, and when we realized there would be a little delay before leaving I had to bring Ed back in. At first he refused to get out of the car - he knew he was being cheated.


We finally left with a joyous dog and arrived at noon. We took the craggy way to the top again, went on to the 2nd meadow before heading west. We didn't go up the tadpole, but poked around the upper enough to see there were indeed other flowers blooming on the mountain. We continued west (NW, to be exact) and headed toward Rock City. We decided to have a snack and a rest at the boy scout rocks, then took the full loop around and back to the gate.


I didn't take my camera because 1) I was tired of the dangling 2) it was windy today 3) Ed. On the big loop we saw a huge beetle of the bess family, a horned passalus (or something like that), but that was really the only thing for which I wished I had my camera. The hairstreaks, really all the butterflies, were not as thick on the asters today.


We were out about 2 1/2 hours but made it only a little over 3 miles. We're like the speed of grandmas! And my cousin is a grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment