Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Day of Vac

I got out about noonish and headed up the craggy way to the top, meandered west to the upper, then took the tadpole to the first dip. At 86 degrees, it was hotter than I was expecting. I need to stay off the tadpole in the heat. I was all dorked out with my fanny water pack, camera, pole, and C.

I knew when I arrived it was too hot for butterflies, and I found very little other photogenic critters.


A beautiful sight: hardly a car in the lot. And at least 2 of them had a man eating lunch inside


Some type of rosa something dotted the craggy path


More tiger beetles today, maybe this is the female


This was the only butterly I got, another hackberry emperor. Poor thing was missing most of its left hind wing


I watched this ant carrying a long something, maybe a queen of something or a damselfly?


I saw a roly poly near the ant, and sure enough they crossed paths. Just like the ant and nymph from yesterday, these each turned and boogied after the bump. Well, the ant boogied as much as it could while carrying its huge load


Just before starting up the last leg of the craggy trail, I noticed this. If you use your imagination, you can just about see a panda or ferret looking around from behind the trunk


Delicate little shrub flowers with a delicate little crap spider


The asiatic day flowers are now blooming out there, too


This year's version of the jayhawk, or rooster rock I put in a previous post. Rain, soil and rock movement have disquised its features


I cannot get a decent shot of a ladybug. I had to quit taking this when a biker came by, then couldn't find it again. I waited quite a while just to get this butt shot

No comments:

Post a Comment