Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hiking Without a Camera

Eddie and I took about a 50 minute hike today, up the blue across and down the yellow. It was a beautiful day and I couldn't believe the lack of folks on the trail.

I saw my first eastern tiger swallowtail (yellow and black variety) today and could have had some good pics. Dang. It was on the east side of the Yoshi pond, playing with the small white blooms on something. Blooms look similar to blackberry blooms, which are all over the place, but wasn't blackberry. I also saw a cute tiny black bug in the center of a blackberry bloom, so I missed two good ones. Other than the two kinds of white blooms and some little undergrowth that barely had any purple on it, I didn't notice any other flowery things.

I did see the oldest couple I have ever seen there, near the top meadowy area, so they had to hike UP to get there. I was impressed.

Later at home I found a tiny tick on me. This is a little early. I hope Ed didn't get any. He better not, because this year I'm using Frontline Plus, which is supposed to kill ticks. Products I used in the past did not include ticks, and the when Ed gets 2 ticks in one hike I stop taking him until October.

Tomorrow there's a Turkey Mt planning meeting at the park board, and I'll be going. It will be my first. I won't be speaking up, but I'll probably take notes, being the dork that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment