Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hiking With Dogs

My cousin nd her dog rolled into town Friday night, and on Saturday we took the dogs to the dog park and hiking at TM. They (we) had a fun time at both places.

At TM we took the blue to the upper, then went a ways on the tadpole and I looked for the jayhawk, but couldn't find it. I'm thinking a year of rains and dirt/sand shifting have changed the face of it enough that I don't recognize it. Then we retraced up the tadpole and headed east on the blue/yellow for a ways before heading down.
JayHawk rock on tadpole from May, 2009

Quite a few more wildflowers are blooming: Indian paintbrush, spiderwort, some yellow that I haven't IDd yet, and some purple, and a few others. My cuz found the little white ones that resemeble blackberry blooms are rosa multiflora. I didn't take my camera because I had Ed and my hiking pole. As soon as the wet weather allows we're going back out and I'm taking the camera.

For a beautiful Saturday, TM was relatively subdued although we did come across an extremely loud group of young teen girls on the lower blue meadow. They were nice and gave attention to the dogs, at least.

That evening, after so much activity, the dogs lazed around snoring and dreaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment