Thursday, March 27, 2008

Evening Frogs

Right after work Ed and I went for a hike on the west side, taking the 1st rt off the west side of the lot. That beautiful trail led us straight to bramble hill. From there we went up then continued north on the main trail, not taking any offshoots. It made a complete loop by the boyscout meeting rock, rock city, and the frog ponds.

The frogs were really going at it at the large frog pond. While enjoying their symphony I found a cool rock. Ed and I listened to the frogs for about 5 minutes, and it was heavenly. Then as we passed the 3 large ponds the frogs there also serenaded us. I hadn't planned on going out but my work day was crowded and frustrating and I was caught there late by a parent. There's nothing like getting away from people to let my brain rest.


The 75 min hike was uneventful and perfect. The only other human was a man, looked to be in his 70s, chugging along carefully on his bike. He didn't even look up and nod as Ed and I stepped off the trail for him. He was probably focusing on not hitting a rock or branch. Man, I admired him!

While I was hiking A called and the Squares invited me over for grilled Hebert's filet mignon and skewered marinated shrimp. Rough day, perfect hike, wonderful meal. It doesn't get much better! OK, I stopped for Krispy Kremes on my way, so it got just a smidge better, and they agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment