Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Big Shave

After a few years of cat hairball vomit on every surface of the house: dryer, sofa, chair, table, carpet, box, inside my shoe, etc, and after using the furminator and laxatone for 1 1/2 years, I finally took charge and had Johnny shaved! I bought the "calming" pill from his vet and my friend C brought her industrial duty shaver to my house yesterday. She's a registered vet tech and knows what she is doing.

I gave Johnny one pill, and after an hour he was still not showing signs of being a lazy carcass. I have him 1/2 pill and in about 20 - 30 minutes he was carefree and ready. C was extremely fast with the shaving, and got off the bulk of his hair. When she was ready to go back and clean up the shave marks, etc., Johnny was becoming irritable so we stopped.

I am ecstatic to say that Johnny can get on furniture and I can hold him without having to use the vacuum afterward. The hope is that he will stop the hairball biley vomiting. I do expect possibly one more, due to hair he may have ingested prior to the big shave.

A common occurrence at home: a hair log surrounded by gooey wet biley vomit. This was my gift Thursday morning, and I think it resembles South America, complete with the Andes Mountains.

These are all the splats from the Thursday morning Christmas. Leave only one measly gift for me? Not my Johnny! The big one is always followed by several more lesser ones splatted about.

C begins the shave!

This looks bad but it wasn't at all; I was there. In fact, I did most of the 'scruffing'.

This is Johnny today

He is still a handsome boy!

2 comments:

  1. 1) It must be Africa. I see Madagascar.
    2) (a) You are very brave & resourceful.
    2) (b) What took you so long?
    3) Handsome until he turns his head around, when he looks like it comes off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3) Ha ha.
    2a) A week has gone by and no vomit!! It's a record!
    1) I considered Africa, but there is this whole history of a scab I had in 5th grade on my arm looking just like SA, but I didn't go into all that.
    2b) I had to become completely desperate and hear of a possible cure.

    ReplyDelete