Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Piece of My A55

That's right, this entry is all about you seeing a piece of my a$$. I would have never believed I would ever post a picture of a piece of my a55 on the internet, but I'm doing it, and it ain't pretty.

Remember I went for a quick exercise hike Monday evening? Last night, just after posting the pics of Mark's egg recovery operation, I realized I was scratching my butt. Now I do have problems with skin itching, and even a couple of chigger or mosquito bites can tend to go systemic on me. I actually take daily medication to prevent such a thing from happening.

So on this hike, the lovely hike after the rains when the birds were chirping, butterflies flitting, frogs chorusing, tiger beetles racing, roly polies moseying, etc, I got a couple of bites and one bramble scratch on my shin. Those things alone are enough to keep me cautious for a while and use a lot of anti-itch cream. When I got home after that hike I scratched an itch on my arm and the culprit was a tick crawling on me. No problem, I simply put it in a little tight container to let it suffocate.

OK, back to my butt. So all yesterday evening I was itchy all over, and me scratching my butt was no big deal. I was wearing shorts and finally I reached in the leg of my shorts to really give it a good scratch and there was a tick. On my butt. Attached. I plucked it off, and noticed a chunk of my butt tissue was in its mouthparts. Dang.

This evening I got it out of course for a photo op. I didn't take time to set up the tripod, and getting and staying focused on the teeny tiny mouthpart that was clutching a PIECE OF MY A$$ was difficult. I apologize now for not having perfectly clear, tack sharp pics of my A$$, but it's the best I'm willing to spend time doing.


This is a tick's mouthparts when they aren't clutching a PIIECE OF MY A$$. It looks like 4 little short legs at the front of the body. This is the tick that was crawling on my arm.


And this is the tick that is clutching a real PIECE OF MY A$$. The 4 little leg-like mouth parts are bent around it like a spring-claw grabber


This is a close-up of a POMA. My butt may be itching for months. Really. Sometimes that's how long a tick bite on me may itch.
So Cranky Lady may be writing and gloating about her She-agra and She-alis, but I'm actually posting a PIECE OF MY A$$. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am very disappointed that I could not clearly distinguish the bit of butt, so hungrily crushed was it in the mandibulary death grip of your unfortunate tick. Please go get another one (tick) and try harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you click on the pic you can get a closer look. Basically what looks like the head is actually my a$$. You can just make out the tips of the mouthparts grabbing around and clutching it.

    ReplyDelete