Monday, July 14, 2008

Great VAC Day!

I took a day of vacation today, and set my alarm last night for 5 am, intending to get up at 5:30 and out to TM by 6:30. Before falling asleep I reset my alarm for 7 am, then kept enduring 9-minute snoozes until 8:30. I need to learn to stick with my plan. I thought it would work because on Saturday I did get up at 5:15 am, picked up a friend at 6:10, and started picking thornless blackberries at 6:33 am. We went to Toomey's blackberry farm and it was wonderful. Together we picked about 23 lbs in just under an hour.

Anyway, early didn't work for me today, but I did set a personal best by arriving at TM just before 10. I parked high and headed up the tadpole. I had planned on a photography hike, and nothing else. There wasn't much activity on the tadpole (the one blackberry I found was tart) so I headed back to cross the top to the snake and turtle meadows.

There wasn't much happening in those parts, either. I felt like I took about 20 pics, but I actually had 83, plus the ones I deleted as I took them. At home, after discarding, I ended up with 27, but nothing exciting. Total unexciting hike was 1 1/2 hrs, because I stuck to my plan.

I wanted to post a hiking pics here, but I still can't upload photos, and I know it's my computer because I have other troubles, too. My favorite pic of the day was an older, larger assasin bug nymph, kin to the ones I saw on July 4th (which of course I couldn't post here, but they are on Hooly's Facebook album.)

No comments:

Post a Comment